Unfortunately, even the most cautious homeowners can experience fire or flooding in their homes. In the last few decades, however, it’s been possible to diminish that risk with smart home devices which could detect danger before it has time to wreak havoc on your house.
These devices are attached to your Wi-Fi network and send you alerts through your smartphone if it detects something dangerous. Here are a few wise devices you can have in your house to help prevent water damage and fire disasters.
Smart Water Leak Detectors
- These streamlined battery-operated apparatus are put close to pipes fittings and appliances, like sinks, toilets, bathtubs, and water heaters.
- It is possible to set them up to immediately sound an alarm or alarm your smartphone (or both) if a leak occurs. This permits you to act fast, whether you are at home or away.
- Some wise leak sensors include automatic shut-off valves that you can control remotely.
- For more protection and control, install a complete flood monitoring system, which you can connect to your smart home security program.
Smart Smoke and CO Alarms
- These devices send an alarm to your own smartphone if they discover smoke or carbon dioxide (CO), or if the device has a low battery.
- Should you connect them to your smart home security system, it may send alerts to your smartphone and the fire department in a crisis.
- Some smart smoke sensors can shut off your HVAC system if it finds smoke. This prevents smoke from spreading to other regions of the home.
- Use them in conjunction with fire/heat sensors for the very best protection against flame.
Smart Fire Detectors
- Smart fire detectors deliver an alarm to your own smartphone when:
- there is a rapid increase in temperature (rate-of-rise detection) or
- the temperature reaches a predetermined point
- you are able to opt for mixed heat sensors that offer both fixed and rate-of-rise detection
- They can also be connected to your central security system for improved control and protection.
- If you don’t want to substitute regular smoke alarms with intelligent ones, then equip them with intelligent batteries.
- Smart batteries deliver instant smartphone upgrades if among those smoke detectors goes off or when the battery is reduced.
- These batteries are compatible with smoke and CO detectors, as well as flame sensors.
- As unattended cooking is the most important cause of home fires, an automated oven shut-off apparatus can greatly help to prevent kitchen fires.
- They come as oven knobs or as devices set up in a kitchen cabinet. It does this by using a motion sensor that will tell if you’re in the kitchen. If you leave the kitchen, then the system starts a timer also, if you’re not back in the kitchen from the end of the countdown, then it is going to shut the oven off.
- All these are electrical outlets that you may turn off remotely via a program on your smartphone. That helps in the event that you’ve left home and are concerned you forgot to close off an appliance or even your lights.
- Smart sockets can be voice-controlled in case you have connected them to smart devices like Google Home and Amazon Echo.
Despite the appropriate safety measures in place, disasters may nevertheless happen. If that occurs, call the professionals that will help you get your home and life back on track. For skilled fire damage restoration, flood restoration, and disaster restoration services, then contact your regional PuroClean office.